Zoe Wadoux Scouting report by Ali Ovacık
- As a physical athleticism, she doesn’t have many jumper qualities.
- She’s not a ball-handler player.
- She has game knowledge and strength to defend all 1 * 1 defenses and short positions.
- She does not prefer full-court defense very much.
- She can be aggressive when pressed tactically but her half-court defense is effective mostly.
PnR Ball Handler: +
- Her game knowledge and PnR spacing intelligence is very high.
- She can create her own shot.
- She can read PnR defense correctly and use her preferences correctly.
- Being a shooting player, her knowledge of the game in PnR spacing without the ball situations is far above her peers.
- She plays with high accuracy when she stays in the opposite side position as a shooter.
- She can read the close-out defense correctly and go to the circle finish.
- Whether she is a collective player or in spacing without ball, it should definitely be preferred to be a finishing player in spacing.
PnR Ball Handler: –
- She has weaknesses in PnR ball defense .
- She can be very successful when she stays on the opposite side defense but she cannot be very aggressive towards collective player or the screen.
- She may have to make under defense or switch defense in certain sections.
- When there is collective player in PnR positions, she has the ability to go to the circle but she does not prefer to be very aggressive and stable.
Strengths on Offense (+)
- Her most important weapon is catch and shot.
- She played very successful games in PnR spacing basketball both in the French national teams and in the club team.
- Being calm on the attack side and not avoiding taking responsibility gave her the credibility of the leader player by her coaches.
- The area where she is most effective is the corner and the shots she uses around.
- Her ability to see finishes and weak-side sides in collective 1 * 1 is top level.
• Her 1* 1 finishing precision is top notch. • She reads PnR defense and uses pull-up shots with a high percentage. • In some cases, she can be in the guard position (the team’s shorts take responsibility when they are under pressure)
Player Profile: • She is one of the five most important players in French basketball in the 2001 generation. In 2018, she also took serious responsibilities in the fiba world cup and performed successfully on the way to the final. This proved her game in the European championships. Although some of the injuries she has experienced cause serious problems in her development, it is difficult to be a player who is not given so much responsibility and gives up in the country with basketball school. She fascinated the audience with the basketball she played at every opportunity and her stance on the court by not avoiding taking responsibility. If the injuries she suffered were not a problem in her development, she clearly showed that the 2nd and 3rd position in European basketball will be among the top 5 players in the next 10 years. The Wnba gate will definitely open in 5 seasons, we can predict that she will be permanent in Wnba when she eliminates the problem of strength and physical athletics. The fact that she wants Transition games and Early PnR shots very comfortably from modern basketball and this feature is her greatest talent makes her different from the others. Her effort not to be one of the players who only shoot and score points has been perceived very clearly by the audience this season.